Aida Swenson Simanjuntak
( I N D O N E S I A )
- Aida Swenson is one of Indonesia’s strongest forces of choral music development. As founder and conductor of the Indonesian Children’s & Youth Choirs Cordana, who have gathered international recognitions and awards, and have been invited to perform in major cities world wide.
- As a graduate of the West minster Choir College, Princeton, USA and as a sought after clinician, Aida Swenson conducts numerous workshops and adjudicates national and international events.As a jury member Aida attended choir festivals world wide among others in USA, Canada, England, Germany,Russia,Singapore,Thailand, Taiwan,Vietnam,Argentina, China, Latvia, Riminni-Italy and Africa.
- Aida has spent many years traveling through out provinces of Indonesia creating and leading choirs, giving master classes, and training choral conductors
- However, her professional endeavors are largely but not limited to her choral clinic an activities.
- Her professional activities include: Council Member of the World Choir Games for Indonesia; Member of the Advisory to INTERKULTUR’s World Choir Games; Chairman of the National Foundation for the Development of Choral Musician Indonesia; Member of Advisory of the Foundation of Church Music (YAMUGER); Member of the committee Asia Pacific Choral Symposium- IFCM; Artistic Director of National Christian Student Choir Competition in Indonesia and other international choir competitions.
- Aida is featured in the“World Who is Who in Choral Music”.Her personal commitment to her musical endeavors in Indonesia is not only centered on her vision in furthering the quality of children’s choral development. Aida is a pillar of change, of progression, and of energy to achieve unassailable quality in choral musician Indonesia and internationally.
JURY PICF 2019
( Sweden )
Tom T. Shelton, Jr.
( USA )
( Japan )
( Latvia )
( Belarus )
John A. Pamintuan
( Philippines )